Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Visit from Derek Young

     Derek Young struck me as a high class working individual. Between taking contracts for Lamborghini and traveling to Japan for business he has had time to form social connections though his self-founded club "Tacoma Runners". He went into depths about how he maintains a contract based job by knowing business owners, influential people, and top quality specialized individuals. After drawing what I could from his life's experience I'd like to say that he is an imaginary person straight out of a Bond movie but I cannot- his methods are sound and have led him to a prosperous life. He has revealed to me how generalized contract work from small teams that can fulfill quotas as reliably as in-house teams is the way of progression.
    I can only hope to become proficient enough in my career path to be seen as a reliable member for contract jobs if business shifts all in favor of Young's method of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment